Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Europe Tour with Yamaha X-City - Part1 - INSPIRATION

It was May 2012 and I was looking at the Germany - Turkey route on the Google Map, the route I had used to come to Turkey from Germany some years ago.




Then I visited the web page of Minoan Lines and checked the prices between Venice and Patras.

Actually that was an unconscious preparation for a new tour which I would be deciding soon. Then I have prepared an excel table for the approximate cost of such a tour with my scooter.

I prepared the table, find out the distance between the destinations. Afterwards, through using booking.com I found the hotels for the accomodation. 

The cost of such a tour was really affordable. For two persons 18 days trip would cost us all inclusive 2500 Euros. We would be staying 5 days with our family in Frankfurt.


This calculation has suited to our budget. But, the question was, if we could realize the tour with our 21 HP 250 cc. scooter....
I was believing that we can. But I had to get the opinion of my wife. Coming home, I had to ask her if she would participate.

I carried on the preliminary planning before going home. The hotels to stay, ferry availability and the prices, the routes, etc... I have even prepared a short list of the things we have to take with.

It was obvious that we had to prepare ourselves seriously for a 4751 km. long tour. As I have arrived home, I asked my wife about her participation, and it took milliseconds that she said yesss. :)

So, the preparations have started the next day.....

The 1. Part of the Film at http://youtu.be/JOU4_1vM8Kc 

* Cagri Nakipoglu, Eda Pakkan, Mert Huseyinoglu, Iglem Kayihan Huseyinoglu

No comments:

Post a Comment